Thursday, March 15, 2012

Danny and the Dinosaur: a Recitation by Tate Tot

Tate has recently been walking around (or riding in the car) reciting books. When I gave him his oatmeal yesterday morning he said to me, "I do not like it, Sam I am!" (Thank you, Nana, for reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to him and getting that one in his head!) We recently caught a couple of pages from "Danny and the Dinosaur." A transcript follows the video, in case you can't understand some of his growling words -- or in case the grape in his mouth makes him difficult to understand!





[I started him off with "Look at those big rocks!"]
"They're not rocks," said the dinosaur [supposed to be Danny]. "They're buildings."
"Climb them," said the dinosaur.
"Down boy," said Danny.

A policeman stared at them. [out of order]

"Bow wow," said the dog.
"He thinks you are a car," said Danny. "Go away, dog. We are not a car."
[Something unintelligible...] said Danny.
"Honk! Honk!"

Tate: I've heard that book before!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

hilarious and adorable

ANJ said...

that is definitely the cutest thing i have ever heard in my lifetime.

Brenda said...

He reminds me of someone else who could recite every word of books...and movies. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Becky said...

I can't tell you how many times I have watched the Recitation. I love it and the boy genius. For Christmas, you need to try "the Night Before Christmas". His dad could do that one but he may have been a year older.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.