Saturday, November 21, 2009

My baby's not an alien!

Phew! I really was a little concerned that my babe might be extraterrestrial in appearance. I have, however, found a great deal of relief as I look at his little face and find myself even thinking that he's beautiful! I sometimes call him "my pretty baby," which doesn't do much for his testosteron-ish confidence (but he makes up for it frequently by peeing whenever Matt changes his diaper). Anyway...here's a few - okay, a lot! - of shots of my non-alien baby.


My mom and my sister came to stay with us and teach us how to "do baby." I'm so grateful to both of them for sacrificing time and sleep to be with us in our mini-apartment. Here's Summer and her baby Maren, who is pretty enormous next to Tate.
Tate is grimacing about tummy time. Maren was endlessly fascinated by him.
Me, attempting to keep up with communication...sorry I've been so bad. I always wondered why people who have new babies can't return phone calls and answer emails. I know now. But I'm trying harder!
I'm not sure what Matt did to entertain himself pre-Tate. Now he takes photos of him all day long and puts his hands into funny positions like these (Tate was asleep; I'm not sure he would have endured this otherwise).
My whole family, minus Logan and brother-in-law Matt came over on Friday. Here's my favorite Felix showing us how big he is.
Summer and Maren
Three sibs with our three kids. We missed you, Cubby!
Moms and kids - Felix is very wiggly and very busy, but Maren thought he was the funniest thing she has ever - EVER! - seen.
Felix and my brother Collin meeting little Tate.
That was one big update, but I know at least five people that will be interested in all of that, so there you go. We are slowly getting adjusted to caring for this little babe. Tonight is our first night alone. Ack! Wish us luck!

13 comments:

Alisa said...

oh my gosh aliss...i can't believe you're a mom!! you're an adorable mom and tate is so handsome--not alien looking at all!

E said...

OOOOHHH he is soooo cute!!!

Liz said...

i am definitely one of the 5 interested in this little dude. i love seeing you as a mom! good luck tonight. you'll do great. it's amazing how quickly you get into the routine.

ANJ said...

a) your baby is a little guy. and human.

b) i LOVE the picture of the sibs with their kids. precious.

c) you're wearing jeans. amazing.

d) i'm glad we got to talk tonight :)

Jenny said...

I think there might be more than 5. He truly is a gorgeous baby--or else Matt is working overtime in photoshop! Adorable cousins! Those kids are going to adore each other! Lucky family!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love the pictures. It is amazing how these little things can just take over your life. :) Keep the pictures coming. And since I'm commenter number 6, hopefully mine still counts. :) and yeah! for your mom and Summer. Wish I could join the party.

Becky said...

Precious! I am grateful we have the next reservations to see him in person.

Heather said...

I wish I could hold your little cuteness. I'm sure you and Matt are doing a fantastic job on your own - you look great by the way - you make a beautiful Momma!

Ryan & Keri said...

Congratulations on your beautiful bundle Alissa! So happy for you to enter the realm of motherhood--it's amazing.

Sarah said...

He is darling! Congrats to you both. And how are your nights? Getting any sleep?

Janelle said...

Wow, what a cutie!! I am guaranteed to post that on your blog for probably the next million posts you do about the adorable baby Tate, because he is indeed one little (well, big) cutie! And I'm glad you understand MY lack of communication and prompt responses to your cute baby updates...welcome to the club, Mom! Just know I adore him and can't wait for more pictures (don't be shy with them...just keep 'em coming!). You are one gorgeous mommy and you and Matt look like you're loving this parenting thing so far. Love you!

Robbie said...

Let me also add my testimony to this: he is SO cute . . . not an alien at all. So sweet. (Almost makes you want to have one of your own!)

Chelsea said...

He's totally adorable. Big huge congrats! Hoping to follow in your footsteps sometime in the near future.