Quick run-down: Monday evening I feel contractions, Matt makes me go shopping to Target and Best Buy with him so that I walk around, I don't sleep Monday night, Tuesday I make Matt work from home, feel intense contractions all morning, go to regularly scheduled doctor appointment, she sends me to hospital - straight to Labor and Delivery! - get epidural about 2 1/2 hours later, able to talk to people again, watch So You Think You Can Dance, my friend Beth visits me, Tate arrives an hour and half later! Everyone in the delivery room marvels at how I had an almost 9 pound baby. Some things about Tuesday evening that were really wonderful was being able to watch my favorite TV show on the very nice TV in my hospital room, hanging out with Beth, who had her baby the day before, having the best nurse and midwife, and a perfect husband who knew when to talk to me and when to not.
Tate has been so much fun as we ogle over his every stretch and facial expression. I can't believe I have a baby! Surreal, indeed.
Brand spankin-new baby with a very happy dad.
Matt being a super dad...here he is mastering the art of swaddling on Wednesday.
Beth, me, and our "twin" babies. Due November 5 and 7; born November 8 and 10. Forgive my swollen face here.
Going home from the hospital. I was so glad he was asleep for his first foray into Chicago traffic.
14 comments:
Congrats Alissa!!! Tate is so cute!!! Get some sleep... you have to be awake to keep up with SYTYCD ;-)
i. love. him. and the names piper and tate make for really cute "twin" names. congratulations, again and again. xoxo
OHH gosh! So cute! It is surreal and awesome! I can't wait to meet him . . .
He is an absolute cutie! Of course, I didn't expect anything less! :)
ah....i love it!!!! congrats aliss and matt!! what a cutie!!
First, How many people do you know named Alyssa/Alisa/Alissa. Good Grief
And speaking of good grief that was my expression about how cute this fellow is. I mean good grief, could he get any cuter! Love him! Him and Piper are my newest best friends ironically born to my other best friends. It just works that way!
Congrats!
These are so gorgeous! I am so happy for you! I love the "twin" picture. Enjoy, enjoy!
So excited for you! Congrats! (I posted this under Rick's ID, first, then realized you would probably wonder why my husband was randomly looking at your blog...so I deleted and re logged in:)
Ohhhhhhh so cute. And how fun that Tate and Piper already met each other! I'm so happy for you guys. :)
So awesome! I'm very happy for you and your little family!
Congrats you two! He is absolutely beautiful!! We love him already and We cant wait to see him!!
Congratulations again! He is darling! Dan also made me go shopping with him when I was laboring with Sydney. I'm glad that you had such a great experience. How fun that your friend had her baby so close to when you had Tate (again, love the name). You guys look so happy. And they do change so fast. I felt like I would wake up each day and be seeing a different baby. Enjoy him! Can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations!!
He is so cute, I really love the second to last picture with his eyes open- adorable!!
I love the name Tate Henry and boys names are hard, I know.
I am so happy for you and Matt both, what a fabulous and surreal experience each new child is, but especially your first.
So much love from the Larsen fam in Denver to the newest Gardner in Chicago! Enjoy your beautiful little Tate. :)
Post a Comment